Terms of website use
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and that you agree to comply with them and that these terms as modified from time to time form the basis of a contract between you and us and between you as a Client or Creator and any Creator or Client.
Other applicable terms
Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Information about us
Easle is a site operated by Easle Limited (We/us). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 09482126 and have our registered office at 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ. As yet we are not registered for VAT but we will update these terms with our VAT number when that changes.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
How our site works
Easle provides an online venue where businesses (Clients) who have registered to be a business user of our site and who want to commission one of our creators and creators who are operating in a business capacity and have registered to be an Easle creator (Creator) can connect with each other.
Clients and Creators enter into a direct contract with each other in relation to a piece of work being commissioned (Piece) or freelance services (Services) being supplied in accordance with a brief posted by a Client (Brief) as modified and agreed through the contract chat part of the site. We and our affiliates are not a party to that contract so are are not responsible if Client or Creator does not do what they have said they will do, or if the Piece is not or the Services are not as anticipated.
By accessing this site, you consent to receiving messages via the site and calls and text messages from us to your mobile phone and to receive emails, if we consider this necessary for any purpose.
To register as a Creator you have to register and set up an account including registering with Stripe (or activating by linking to your current Stripe account) by clicking HERE and providing your email address and other information for our use. By registering as a Creator, you confirm that you are operating as a business and that you understand these terms and conditions.
To register as a Client you have to register and set up an account by clicking HERE and providing your email address and other information for our use. By registering as a Client, you confirm that you are operating as a business and that you understand these terms and conditions.
Easle operates to curate Creators and so reserves an absolute right to approve or reject any Creator or to delist any Creator already registered on the site for any reason whatsoever including in respect of performance of contracts or Services.
Easle also reserves the right to vet Clients and so reserves an absolute right to approve or reject any Client or to delist or block any Client already registered on the site for any reason whatsoever including in respect of performance of contracts.
When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information.
Our site is made available to browse free of charge.
In consideration for providing access between Clients and Creators, we receive a fee. We take a 4% fee from the Clients as a service fee to cover our processing costs and take a 10% commission from the Creator which will be subtracted from the payments made to that Creator. We may also take additional fees for a premium service to Clients where agreed with that Client. (together our fees).
Creators who are listed with Easle can upload material. That material can be viewed without registration but if you are a Client who wants to engage a Creator or post a Brief you must first register with us and set up an account. Before any Brief can be agreed and confirmed you will need to set up your bank debit or credit card details via Stripe by clicking HERE
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Our site is run from the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
You agree that you will be solely responsible (to us, and to others) for all activity that occurs under your Easle account.
What can be commissioned
Our Creators can do many tasks including:
- Composing music
- Taking original photographs
- Painting or drawing or other art works including portraits or pictures of properties such as your house
- Making videos
- Performing music
- Writing poetry
While we will try to assist in matching Clients to Creators, we will not take part in the interaction between Clients and Creators in relation to the Piece or the Services. We are not responsible for the performance of contracts by Creators and have no control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever relating to the Piece commissioned, or Services provided or of any ratings provided by users of our site in respect of each other or of the price agreed to be paid by the Client.
We give no assurances about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of provision of the Piece or the Services.
Clients and Creators may be subject to an extensive vetting process before they can register and during their use of the Service, including but not limited to a verification of identity and a comprehensive criminal background check. Clients and Creators hereby give consent to us to conduct background checks.
Although we may perform background checks, as outlined in more above, we cannot confirm that each Client and/or Creator is who they claim to be and therefore, cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of identity or background check information.
Meeting and other interaction
When interacting with people on our site or in real life you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons whom you don’t know, for example, by arranging to meet each other at safe times of the day and in safe places.
We will not be liable for any false or misleading statements made by any Client or Creator.
In the event that prior to commissioning a Piece the Client wants a meeting with a Creator to discuss the commissioning of a Piece or the provision of Services, that meeting must take place in the offices or other business premises of the Client or in a public place agreed by the Creator.
The Creator shall be under no obligation to attend such a meeting. If the Creator agrees to attend, the Client shall first pay to the Creator via Stripe the reasonable expenses of the Creator in attending that meeting. Easle will take no fee on the payment of such expenses.
Commissioning; Billing and payment policy
Pieces are commissioned in the following way once both Client and Creator are fully registered on the site.
- Client outlines its requirement on the site by posting a Brief.
- When providing our premium service, we can provide Client with a curated list of suitable Creators together with indications (from the relevant Creators, provided specifically or generally) of prices for the Piece and/or Services and can be involved in project management of the production of the Piece or the provision of Services.
- Client selects the Creator they consider the best fit for the Brief.
- Client chats with the Creator to discuss more detail about what is required via the chat interface on the site. If Client wants to meet the Creator the provisions set out above will apply.
- Once the key terms including scope and timing for the production of the Piece or provision of Service and price (including any expenses) (Price) have been agreed, the Creator puts forward a proposal which the Client accepts. That creates the contract between the parties. The minimum Price is £10.
- UK: Client pays all the Price via Stripe plus the Client part of our fee. Half is paid to the Creator’s Stripe account when the money has cleared in our account (less appropriate deduction of that part of our fee) and the balance held in our escrow account held with Tide pending delivery of the Piece or provision of Services.
- Non UK: Client pays half the Price via Stripe plus the Client part of our fee in respect of that payment and the rest when the Piece is completed or Services have been provided. We pay the Creator (less appropriate deductions) when the money has cleared in our account.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion (but not the obligation), to (i) place on hold any payment, or (ii) refund, provide credits or arrange for Stripe to do so.
- All payments in respect of each commission of a Creator by a Client by must be made via the site and Stripe.
- Clients will be liable to pay any amounts of VAT which may be due on any payment to an Creator and on the payment of fee to Easle. We will use best efforts to notify Clients of the applicability of VAT on any Piece commissioned or Services supplied and on our fee.
- Creators are responsible for the payment of all taxes (including VAT, if applicable) required to be paid in respect of any sums paid to them by Easle or by any Client.
- Payment can be made and received in any of the following currencies: US Dollar, Euro, GBP, Australian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Norwegian krone, Swedish krona, Japanese yen and Swiss francs. The Client must pay in the same currency as the Creator receives payment.
- Payments will be subject to these terms and conditions and to Stripe’s terms and conditions from time to time in force. In the event of any conflict, these terms will prevail.
In the event that we believe that you are in breach of any of our website or other rules we reserve the right to keep all sums due to be paid to you via Stripe and which have been paid in by you via Stripe until the issue is resolved to our reasonable satisfaction.
At the moment we do not have to charge any VAT on any of our charges but if that changes we will update these rules accordingly.
In relation only to transactions between UK Clients and UK Creators when the Client pays the entire Price in full, Easle will transfer (after deduction of its client cash processing fee) the second half of the Price to its escrow holding account with Tide (PrePay Technologies Limited) or such other account or accounts as it may set up for this purpose. When the Client confirms that the Piece has been completed or the Services delivered and there is no notified dispute Easle will transfer the balance (after deduction of its fees) to the Creator.
In the event of any dispute being notified to Easle between a Client and a Creator in circumstances where Easle is holding any money in any escrow account which relate to that Client and that Creator, Easle reserves the right to treat such sums in such manner as it thinks appropriate.
No interest will be earned or paid on any sums standing to the credit of any Easle escrow account.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any of Tide, PrePay Technologies Limited or any bank with which Easle has an escrow account becomes insolvent, or is the subject of any insolvency, administration, moratorium or analogous proceedings, or if any other circumstances affect Easle’s ability to access or deal with funds, Easle will not be liable for any loss of the money held in any escrow account or for any other loss or damage incurred or suffered by any Client or Creator as a result. In certain circumstances Easle may be able to make a claim under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in respect of money held by it in respect of these arrangements and each relevant Client and Creator agrees that Easle may disclose any necessary or relevant information to the FSCS in connection with any such claim.
Commissioning again or hiring or employing
In the event that within a period of twelve months after a Client last commissioned a Creator who the Client first found on our site the Client or any associate of that client commissions that Creator again, the Client and the Creator must either deal with each other via the site and pay our fee or notify us and pay our fee (of 14% of the price paid or to be paid to the Creator) direct to us.
In addition should the Client or any associate of the Client hire or employ the Creator within 12 months after the Client last commissioned that Creator, the Client and the Creator shall notify Easle and the Client shall pay to Easle a finder’s fee of 14% of the annual sum to be paid to that Creator.
These provision apply whether or not at the time of the subsequent commission hiring or employment the Client or the Creator is registered on our site.
Legal relationships, witholdings and client indemnity
Each Client assumes all liability for the proper classification of any Creator who provides a commissioned Piece for or Services to that Client as an independent contractor or an employee or agency worker based on applicable legal guidelines.
It is Easle’s intention and understanding that each Creator who is commissioned to create and/or deliver a Piece for a Client is an independent contractor operating a business or his or her or its own behalf.
It is Easle’s further intention and understanding that each Client is a business and not a consumer for the purposes of he Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Each Client and each Creator acknowledges that Easle does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control a Creator’s work or the contents or appearance or any other aspect of a Piece or Services in any manner.
Easle does not set a Creator’s work hours or location of work. Easle will not provide any equipment, labour or materials needed.
Neither Easle nor the site is an employment service, employment business or employment agency and Easle is not the employer of any Creator.
Therefore, Easle is not liable for any tax or withholding, including but not limited to National Insurance, employer’s liability, social security, PAYE or other payroll withholding tax in connection with a Client’s commissioning of a Creator.
Each Client agrees to indemnify Easle from any and all claims, liabilities and reasonable costs arising from or in connection with:
- a Creator commissioned by that Client being misclassified as an independent contractor or employee or agency worker;
- Easle being incorrectly held to be an employer or joint employer of a Creator commissioned by that Client; or
- any other relevant third-party claims under any employment-related laws, such as those relating to employment termination, employment discrimination, harassment or retaliation, as well as any claims for overtime pay, sick leave, holiday or vacation pay, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation benefits, unemployment benefits or any other employee benefits arising in connection with the commissioning by that Client of any Creator.
Intellectual property rights - Commissioning
The Creator retains copyright in all original Pieces produced by that Creator and of the output of any Services supplied but grants to Client from the later of (i) both the Client and the Creator confirming that the Piece has been completed or the Services supplied and (ii) the Price is paid in full a perpetual royalty free licence to use the same for all of the purposes agreed upon commissioning.
Intellectual property rights - Easle
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site; or
- downloading or copying or other use of any material uploaded onto our site; or
- any act or omission or failure on the part of Stripe.
Please note that in particular but without limitation, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of the feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties as more specifically described below. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you license
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licences:
- to us, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, indefinite licence (with right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the provision of the content via the site and otherwise in connection with the our business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the content (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels;
- to each user of the site, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your content through the site, and to use such content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the site and under these terms and for the purposes of considering or engaging upon a possible commission of or contact with you.
The above licences granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
These terms, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
How we will use your personal information.
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- for the purposes of your use of the site;
- to process any payment to you or from you;
- if we act as an aggregator or otherwise monetise content which you post for all purposes in connection with so acting;
- if you agreed to this during the account opening process or otherwise, to give you information about similar services that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
Ending your relationship with Easle
These terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or us as set out below.
If you want to terminate your legal agreement with us, you may do so by (a) notifying us at any time and (b) closing your Easle account. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ.
Such termination will not affect the payment of our fee in respect of any item of content which has been monetised by us.
We may at any time terminate our legal agreement with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the terms); or
- we are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Service to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- we are no longer access to the site to users in the country in which you are resident or from which you access the site; or
- the provision of the site is, in our opinion, no longer commercially viable.
When these terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and we have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely (including without limitation licences which you provide), shall be unaffected by this cessation.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.